Friday 12 June 2015

It's the one that says Bad Motherfucker: coconut & almond pancakes

I made some amazing healthy pancakes a few days ago. I'm going to share the recipe with you, for now I'll tell you that they have almond and coconut flakes inside. I've done quite a lot of cooking recently and I've been enjoying it. That's my #1 thing to do when don't know where I'm going with my life. I took a few pictures (thanks to my summer scarf in the background and the beautiful sun). In the post I obviously wanted to make some thematic reference and this one could have not been possibly better.


I don't think that I need to explain it.

Moving on, in the past month I have made my very own first raw Nutella, used Matcha powder in my green smoothies for the first time, spent the most money on eating out ever, drank the most Starbucks and bubble teas in my life, drawn the most sketches, deleted all my tweets, set up an Instagram account (which I hardly ever use), got myself an Italian textbook (and actually started learning the language), came back to practising yoga and spent the most money on things that I probably didn't even need, but also sold some clothes and books.

I have improved some of my cooking skills by trying new recipes and coming up with my own food ideas, so here is the recipe for the most delicious pancakes that I've ever eaten.

Coconut & Almond Pancakes 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • almond and coconut flakes
  • 1 cup milk (I used soy milk)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
  • 1 mashed banana
  • vanilla or almond extract (optional)
Directions:
Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. Then add milk, an egg and oil and whisk everything together until smooth. I add the banana at the end together with almond and coconut flakes so that I can see how much of them I need. Add a bit of vanilla or almond extract if you want to and stir everything. At this point you might need to add more milk to get the right consistency (it should be a bit thicker than a usual pancake batter). Fry the pancakes and voila! I've put some organic apple purée at the top, but you can use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or anything else that you want. Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment