Friday 29 May 2015

I've spent my last £1.49 on a garden wire



Having quite much time lately, I've been visiting many galleries, cafes and parks. Getting a coffee or tea out somehow works very motivational and I'm still not sure if it's a good or a bad sign.
What I've learned today is that you shouldn't buy a garden wire if you're not going to use it in the garden. It is way too thick but I made and I will make use of it in different ways. I definitely took the next step in my experimenting journey. One more thing: it actually is possible to cut a garden wire with scissors.

I've seen some impressive exhibitions during the last month. The Whitworth Gallery has an amazing collection of work of one of the most recognisable contemporary artists, Cornelia Parker. Some of her works led me to exploring wire drawing art and even on the web search there are some incredibly good wire sculptures and drawings.

I never was the dictionary definition of an "artist" and probably never will, but creation definitely makes me feel like I'm a bigger part of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment