Friday 5 June 2015

Damn good coffee!

I've spent much time on thinking about the future lately and it's getting over the healthy limit. I'm at this point where planning overcomes doing, ending up in a vicious circle. I felt like I already had one direction that I should go in, but now I'm starting to notice that it keeps changing overtime. Now I do many different things, but is it wrong of me to do so? I'll have time for settling down and doing my one and only job later in my life.

Inspired by one of the my favourite TV series of all time, the 90's "Twin Peaks", I made myself a "Damn fine cup of coffee" tote bag. Maybe I will find some similar souls soon. When it comes to "merch", I prefer symbolic images and quotes to an actual logo or movie/band/book name. It makes the thing more magical.


To be honest, like I once wasn't ready for the taste of spinach, avocado, caviar, unsweetened oatmeal and tea, I am not ready for the taste of black coffee yet - it comes with age perhaps. 1-0 for Dale Cooper for this. Since it's been raining for a few days now, I've been treating myself with some small presents each day not to let the weather depression get me (read: yoga, Starbucks, bubble tea, sushi, new recipes, Italian textbook) and I came up with a more feminine coffee recipe for the cold, rainy mornings.

White Chocolate Mocha

Ingredients: 
strong brewed coffee
3/4 cup milk
25g white chocolate chips

Directions:
Pour the hot milk over the chocolate chips and while they are melting, brew your coffee. It should be a bit stronger than usual because of the extra milk and chocolate. Whisk the milk and chocolate together. Fill your coffee mug with the chocolate texture and then fill the rest with coffee. Stir and add some whipped cream or cinnamon on the top if you enjoy a fancy looking cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment